Saturday 27 December 2014

Glowing (or How to get OLDER without getting OLD)

If you're looking for instructions on the subject topic, you're in the wrong place. I'm sure there are thousands of self-help books on that subject.  I'm not sure; I've never looked for one.  

No, this post is about the difference between ageing well and ageing not well. And I'm not talking about wrinkles, hair-loss, or all that stuff that seems to matter so much these days. Since I don't know exactly WHAT I'm talking about, let's just circumscribe it with the words wisdom and preservation of innocence. 

I wasn't actually present at the event that this post is based upon.  It was Denise's birthday and even though I really had looked forward to being there, I ended up attending my Spare Mom's funeral on that day. But Eike took some pictures at the party and I received a few of those in an e-mail.

I took the liberty (after asking permission) to photoshop one of the pictures (just a tiny bit of lightening and a crop to get that smile in the frame)


Anyone who inquires about Denise's age after looking at the picture below is missing the whole point of this post
Could the secret remedy be White Wine?
Photograph by Eike Marquardt 

No comments:

Post a Comment