Sunday 22 June 2014

Up and down the hills on Sunday morning

At yesterday's delicious and rather voluminous dinner at Koi Palace in Daly City (Dotsche saai, Alan & Glenda), I am a bit in need of exercise.

Yes, I came up that hill ;-)
At 8 am sharp I exchange yesterday's Stromer e-bike (Small white women's frame and horrible seat) for the road warrior's version.

The hills are ferocious. But the bike is up for it. 

  I just keep pedaling uphill ...

 ... until there seems to be no more uphill.





The Bay Bridge, NOT G-G bridge !
  
 Every side street seems to offer surprising new, but also somehow well-known views:
Alcatraz Island

Coit Tower



All of a sudden I stand right at that most touristy of all San Francisco Streets. I have been wondering where all those tourists that unloaded from buses were heading to.  It's the crooked street !
 And while I'm here on a bike, I might as well ride down there ;-)

The view from one of the noise-plagued apartments on Crooked Street



Then it's time to head back to the hotel and charge the battery, before Alan visits at 10:30 am for a bike ride across THE bridge ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment