Tuesday 10 June 2014

Catching up: The Great Spirit (Davis Bay, Thursday, June 5)

A great photo but not mine.

Eugene Harry;  not my picture
I googled Eugene Harry, the Shaker Church minister who I am thankful to for a life-reinforcing memorial service, and on some website (The Province?) he declared that the ocean is where he can connect with The Great Spirit.








While I did not notice THE Great Spirit (although that would depend entirely on one's expectation of what The Great Spirit would look or feel like !), the ocean in general and Davis Bay in particular does something great to my spirit.
This is probably helped by the fact that I have not steered an automobile since last Monday and instead commuted to North Vancouver by bicycle and completed all my errands in Vancouver (+ the return trip) sans voiture ;-)

But enough text. Look at the pictures and try to imagine what it was like to be there: Warm sun on the face and a gentle breeze to take the heat away:

























No comments:

Post a Comment