Friday 13 June 2014

A 30 km cycle trip and two excised moles

The weather is still good, so there still is no need or desire to take the car and burn petrol.  I don't want to be responsible even a tiny bit for the next Iraq or Somewhere Else war!

But there is a definite reason for today's cycle trip to Sechelt.
 And it's not just the gorgeous scenery ;-)
A little mole on my neck seems to have grown bigger and darker over the last 2 years.  I showed it to a friendly doctor who thought it might be a good idea to have it cut out and analyzed just to make sure it's not any kind of skin cancer.  
Mole still in place
When it was time for the appointment, I took of my shirt and with a quick pirouette asked whether he saw anything else he would like to cut out.  To my very mild shock, he chose another one on my back for instant excision.  Dr. J was very good at what he did (unlike that butcher woman when I was 19) and it went smoothly and without any pain.
Tough guy on Mermaid Street with a band-aid on his neck ! Time to ride the bike ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment