Thursday 1 May 2014

The end of an era

Relax. It's just a car.  But it's a car that has served me well since 2002.  I was in my mid 30s when I bought that car ;-)  But it's not running and the repair costs by far exceed the value of the car. So it was time to call a tow truck and have it moved to a scrap yard.    It will take some time for this to really sink in. Even when I'm looking at the below picture, my brain still registers seeing 'my' car and somehow I expect it to be parked in front of my door.


When I tried to remove the little bracelet with red wooden beads that I received at the Chinese New Year parade 2012 from the car's rear-view mirror, the string broke and the little red beads that read Long Life and Luck were scattered all over the interior of the car.  Good thing I am not superstitious!

No comments:

Post a Comment