Saturday 21 September 2013

I’m back in the, I’m back in the, I’m back in Saint Malooo! (not the USSR)

The taxi cab dropped its three different fares at Intramuros in Saint Malo, where the two other parties had their most likely expensive hotels, with or without vue de mer.  As the name suggests, Intramuros is a walled city but it has gates to the land-side but more importantly to the beach. 
That bit of beach is the beginning of Plage du Sillon, the beach that my hotel is on.  Instead of heading to my hotel along the paved road, I tightened the straps of my backpack, went down the ramp to the beach, and as soon as I could see the now familiar horizon, all the anxieties of Stansted and other places all of a sudden were a thing of the distant past.
 I walked the ~2 kilometers along the beach.


 A grin materialized on my tired face that I have not been able to wipe off even when writing this in my favourite restaurant 2 hours later.
yes, that's a grin ;-)
 But maybe that is because after a meli-melo salad de fuits de mer I am awaiting for desert  ‘crepe aux chocolate avec glace de vanille’ ;-)   And maybe you have heard that the French CAN COOK !!!!

Oh, it’s good to be back home ….

No comments:

Post a Comment