Saturday 24 August 2013

The van has blue paper wings (or Thank You, Saki! )

I could not help notice that this blog has picked up some readers in Japan (which it never had before) ever since Saki, the guest of Hans & Denise, returned to her hometown of Tokyo.  I assume that these two events are not entirely unrelated.
When Saki was in Roberts Creek she produced quite a number of Origami cranes (Tsuru in Japanese ;-). A blue Tsuru one day was discovered by me on my computer keyboard. I'm not sure I ever thanked Saki properly, but maybe this post will serve to rectify that.
In my travels in the big beige van, the crane now leads the way in a spot of honour right at the front wind-shield:
The Van
When writing this post I also discovered that the Tsuru is not just folded paper.  In the Japanese culture the Tsuru apparently stands for Good Fortune and Longevity
Tsuru leading the way
Watashi no kokoronosokokara arigatō, Saki !

p.s.:
Hansu wa mada ōkina hara o motte i
p.p.s:
I hope life in Tokyo is good for you; I am sure that once you folded 1000 Tsurus, you will find the one with the horse ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment