Wednesday 14 August 2013

The good, the bad,and the ugly

To get away from Vancouver hotel prices (~$100/night for a dive; and I'm not kidding:, just try Motel 2400, Grouse Inn etc) I have been exploring the Lower Mainland for alternatives.
I thought I had found bargain county when I stayed in the Langley Highway Hotel ($72 for 2 including breakfast).  But even though the staff is amazingly friendly, at least the room I stayed in was little on the dingy side. But at least you can tell that they're making an effort.
But not as much of an effort as the Hotel Squamish. $49/night for a room where I would not hesitate to eat scrambled eggs that have dropped onto the floor (Imagine that in the hotel you last stayed in ;-).  The owners/staff are amazing; no private phones in the rooms but a pay phone in the hallway

No comments:

Post a Comment