Tuesday 2 July 2013

First impressions of Saint Quay Portrieux (better write that name down)

I at least am having a very hard time remembering it.  Even the Breton names like Plouescat & Ploubazlanec came easier to the tongue!

There is something funny about the weather in this country. I've cycled for 2 or 3 hours today and it was cloudy, even dripping drops at some points.  I look in the mirror and I look like I've just come from the beach in Cuba:

Here are some pictures (no laughing allowed!) as evidence ;-)




and that was before 'un quart de rose'  !


I was starving, and I had a craving for Crepes.  Guess my body needs protein to build those muscles ;-)
I find my Creperie, sit down, get the wine and the food, take the below picture of food, ocean, and sky, and start thinking:  Hotels rooms here are cheaper than Motel rooms in Vancouver; I don't have the usual extra "side expenses"; the food is much better; I'm loosing weight and getting a tan.  ...

The rest of the town ain't bad either. Here are some pics:








The king's chamber is 111 on the left ;-)

5 comments:

  1. I have some bad news for you: crepes are not protein :)
    c.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crepes are not made with eggs?

      Delete
    2. The German word for Protein is Eiweiss. The literal translation of Eiweiss is Egg White.
      Crepes seem to include eggs as ingedients. Ergo: Crepes are protein food

      Quod erat demonstrandum

      Delete
  2. You fit through that door?
    c.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's called perspective shortening or something. They are at an angle (in a floor plan the doors would be an upside-down V).
      Even you would fit ;-)

      Delete