Tuesday 16 July 2013

C'est vrai? C'est ça? C'est tout? Incroyable!

Sitting in Frankfurt with my morning coffee at 6 am I just received an e-mail with the words "Hard to believe your trip is coming to the end, but u did so much", which takes the words right out of my mouth or hits the nail of my slightly confused thoughts right on the head.  The state of the last 5 weeks, namely of waking up some place that I just explored yesterday and maybe the day before, and heading off to another place that I've never seen before is coming to an end. The room I just booked in Vancouver, I have stayed in many times before and there probably won't be any surprises waiting. In retrospect I must admit that I love that state of journeying into the unknown and I'm dreading being without it, even though before I would have been intimidated by the thought.

I'm glad I left the bike in France; there is a reason to go back; and to go back soon. But the location of the bike has opened new possibilities for new trips that I would never even have thought of otherwise.

There is also my belief that I've learned and changed a bit during the last 5 weeks. So even if I'm heading back to 'same-old' land today, it might not be, just because it won't be exactly the same person experiencing it ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment