Thursday 4 July 2013

A wee bike ride VI (Saint Quay Portieux - Erquy [ 52.0 / 59.8 km])


Today's a big one. 52 km and I'll find out how many more kms are added by worthy detours or Google Maps follies ;-)


The first stop is even before Binic (a chapel in Etables sur mer)



Then Binic (Houses are CHEAP here ;-)
The other thing about Binic:  Seems the fishery business is still rough:  I see some city employee weeding the flower beds and one of his hands is actually a metal claw.  I turn around to hop back on the bike only to see an older man with a wooden leg walk by!

St Brieux (I miss most of it due to brilliant Google maps) (No, I'm serious!  St Brieux is known as the city of valleys and I missed them all; down up down up down up etc),

If there is a slow boat to China,this is  the fast boat to France

I came from the level of the bridge. Imagine having to go up there again. And again. And again.




STEEP down

STEEP up


Now I know how all those houses loose their roofs ;-(




The most southern point of the Northern Coast of France




And then the 'funny setting' happens again on my camera (I've fixed it now. For Good ;-)

The bridge I should have taken. But it was closed ;-(


Then I went for food (Yes, Chantal, I'm going to tell you in GREAT detail what I ate ;-)

The restaurant from the outside and inside (There is NOTHING like this in Vancouver; and I don't mean the cheesy image falsification)





I fix the camera settings in time for the food:
'omemade bread et beurre de Saint Malo

Marinated sardines (THE BEST!), Sashimi?, and in the glass was whipped cream with lentils or mustard seeds or both.

filet mignon (pork) with some champignon thingy thingy in a zuchini

3 different desserts d'abricot (The thing in the glass was to die for!)

Coffee always comes with a sweet!  How civilized ;-)
All courses were accompanied by this view:



The whole thing took over one hour and cost 40 Euros, including an 0.375 ml bottle of good Rose and a blue bottle of Perrier.  And I got my battery charged at the same time ;-)


And then I can sense I am getting close to :Erquy.








2 comments:

  1. You should read the fine print on the real estate ad: "travaux de rehabilitation a prevoir." The French are spoiling you and we will have to indure you complain nonstop about how Vancouver is nothing like France. Nice view in that room.
    c.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Je ne parle pas de francais ;-(
      House needs TLC ? It's about to loose its roof ?

      Delete