Monday 1 July 2013

A wee bike ride IV (Tregastel - Ploubazlanec [45.7/53.9 km] )


This time Google Maps really pissed me off.

Before you call something a cycling route, please send someone through there on a racing bike or an e-bike.
Some of the suggested would have been fine for extreme mountain bikers.  Some of them I wouldn't even have entered on foot. And some of them just weren't there at all.

The best ones were the ones, where the local agricultural producers had thrown lots of pebbles and rocks on their very steep agricultural road.  The reason they did that was that their tractors would make it up the steep hill through the muddy dirt road.  Now try to imagine that road after a tractor with still slipping wheels had churned the mud and ground some of the rocks into it.  And please consider that the mud was still mud.  I actually made it up one of these ;-)

This on the other hand was a gorgeous bike route: Thank you Google!


A Digitalis forest ;-)

I cross one river (or along arm of the ocean; I'm not sure)





And then another one:






And suddenly I am in BEAR COUNTRY ! (There actually was a carved EAGLE as well)






And then I am there: Ploubazlanec!






No comments:

Post a Comment