Saturday 22 June 2013

You gotta be kidding! (Where the F*** are the Wifi Hotspots?)

There are none in Germany.  The nearest MacDonalds is 7 km from where I am staying.  At MacDonalds one gets to surf the internet for free for 1 (one) hour daily. That's it. Longer and you pay.  Restaurants and Cafes do NOT have Wifi.  In Ireland they did. In France they did. In Hong Kong they did.  But not in Germany.  Am I glad I don't live here anymore ;-)
Anyhoo, posts will be sparse until I'm back out of here, which will be soon.

2 comments:

  1. Even in McDonalds, you have to send a SMS text to get a password for the wifi network.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right again, naturally ;-)

    BTW: For being the first person to leave a comment on this blog, you are the winner of a bottle of wine!
    Now we just have to manage to realize the hand-over of the prize.
    Neither Montmirail nor YVR seem to work out this time, but I'm sure there'll be other spots soon ;-)

    ReplyDelete