Wednesday 19 June 2013

Renting un velo and cycling a la Madelaine pour acheter a camera

The old camera still works. The only problem is that there is something stuck in the Bimbo-mode-button, so every time I turn it on it asks me to adjust the Smile setting, the Flash setting, and the Self-timer setting. While it does so it continuously beeps and the stupid Bimbo-mode displays hide the viewer.  Otherwise it works fine.  Being no Bimbo myself, I decide I can't live with that, rent a bicycle (right here at Hotel Le Jersey!) and  set off for the local Metrotown.  About 5 kms away and uphill. No better way to get to know a city.  Since I was getting fed up with some of the Bimbo-pleasing features of my Sony Cybershot, which were nice but VERY frequently prevented the camera from responding to my release button press because some stupid subroutine still had to finish running somewhere. As a result I lost quite a few shots where the timing was critical. The local Futureshop equivalents is Darty or D'Arty.  And I bought a Sony G.  A beautiful piece of equipment ;-)  This afternoon will show whether it is as nice on the inside as on the outside!

This post was plagued by a significant lack of pictures so far. Time to fix that and show off the new camera:




No comments:

Post a Comment