Thursday 13 June 2013

Radisson Wohoo! (or Yummy Breakfast [still sans potatoes])

Finally it is 7 am and I can go for breakfast. Since I am one of the earliest eaters, I get a table at the window with a view over the coast.  But what really wakes me up was the view of the breakfast buffet.  Fresh fruit in Yogurt.  Smoked Mackerel.  Pork sausages and bacon that look like they were NOT mass-produced in a factory in China. Cold-buts. Cheeses. Juices. Fruit. Today I'm not having the standard Irish Breakfast (Eggs, Pork & baked beans). Instead of the beans I take something else which did not have a little name sign attached to the terrine. The first guest who I asked and who even sounded Irish had no clue what it is.  It looks like a small hockey puck with something like salt grains ingrained into the surface.  And it tastes delicious, whatever it is, but I suspect it has pork in it.  No wonder my friend Seamus is twice the man he used to be ;-)
I'm pretty sure I will have to pay for this debauchery in Euros later at check-out time, but if you ever had the 'included breakfast' at the Grouse Inn in North Vancouver, you will be happy if you have the opportunity to pay for breakfast!
And let's not forget: It is quite something to have a breakfast like this in a country that lived (or not, as was the case for quite a few) through one of the most famous famine in human history.

But after 35 minutes of breakfasting, I have made up my mind:  I am not staying at the Radisson. I don't think  my waist could survive another one of these breakfasts!  And after booking the next hotel on Expedia and realizing that the breakfast this morning was included (!), I am glad I booked somewhere, where breakfast is not included ;-)

Last but not least: The view out the back parking lot of the Radisson: Pure Ireland !




No comments:

Post a Comment