Wednesday 19 June 2013

One last walk in Saint Malo (OMG, it's beautiful here!)

Not much happening at 5:30 am. Except for Seagulls ;-)
As soon as I stick my head out my hotel room window, I am greeted by a hungry bird.



The shadow it is casting stems from the light originating from street lights!



Even though the rising sun is starting to ignite a pastel firework, it is still too early for the people of St. Malo.




At Le Kyriad and Le Jersey some people are starting to prepare breakfast for the guests. I left my lights on in my room at Le Jersey ;-(




When I inquire (in French!) at the reception where one might be able to purchase Les Cigarettes at les six heures in the morning, I am informed that only a store at the railway station is open at this hour and then I am asked whether I am all out with a gesture to the helpful man's breast pocket (where indubitably his own cigarettes are at the ready ). I decline the very generous and very unexpected offer and make myself on the way to Le Gare. On my way I am reminded by the departed how lucky I am for my aching feet to carry me on a 6 am walk to the train station to buy cigarettes ;-)

The town is still asleep


















3 comments:

  1. You can buy cigarettes at machines at 6 Uhr in Fatherland though...so Fatherland is not so bad for smokers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alan, if I did not know you in person, I would assume that you are a trans-universal encyclopedia of all known knowledge by the the name of PoonPedia ;-) And yes, you are correct. So Fatherland gets away with the cigarette issue. But once you had two people examine the Yellow and the White Pages for the telephone numbers of 2 restaurants in town, and those two people (none of them a complete nitwit) come up blank, the Fatherland, or at least the Yellow/White page editors, are down by 101 demerit points again !!!

      Delete
  2. I love the foggy picture.
    c.

    ReplyDelete