Tuesday 18 June 2013

Moving next door (or Hotel Le Jersey)

When I asked at my time of arrival yesterday at 6 pm whether Hotel Kyriad would be able to accommodate me for 2 nights instead of the booked 1 night (toooo sick of train travel), they told me to ask again this morning because they were full.  I don't get it.  If they had been still full this morning, I'd have started my search now and maybe slept on the beach?  So I booked another hotel last night. A room with ocean view.  for 60 Euros.  TRY THAT in Vancouver ;-)  When I told the concierge that I had booked a room somewhere else, her friendliness dropped a few levels even though she still answered my question whether the other hotel was located to the right or the left once I exited the front door.  During my evening walk I discovered that the hotel I booked is actually RIGHT NEXT to the hotel that I'm staying in right now.  Which is something the concierge could have easily told me. So there it is, the French Snobbery ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment