Friday 28 June 2013

More Menhirs, a failed crossing, and flying pigs

Here are some more Ocean & Giant rocks & whatever pictures of today's adventure (Gotta call it that ;-), including several things advertised as Menhirs on road signs:

No pavement? No problem!
BIG



Same one from different angle

Now that's what I call a Menhir !
Looks more impressive from far away.
More crazy people ;-)

An attempt to cross this by bike had to be abandoned after encountering soggy sand!


And what better way to end this CRAZY DAY than

more crazy people ;-)



You may have noticed now that there is a bicycle appearing in many of the pictures.  Vrai.  The point is not to glorify the bike, but I take quite a few because the plan is to e-mail one per day to Ronan in Brest who sold me the bike, has a great sense of humour (we lifted the bike to the ground; I said it was heavy; he said "le battery et full"; I said "Aah, le weight of les electrons!"), said 'C'est CRAZY" to my plan.
A little like that story years and years ago, where someone had a garden dwarf in their garden until one morning it was gone.  Then they started receiving in the mail pictures from all over the world with their garden dwarf posing in front of famous views (Grand Canyon, Sydney Opera, etc etc ).
And when I open a Google window on Saturday, the 29th of June, what do I see?  You might have guessed it: (Guess where I stole that one from ;-)


2 comments:

  1. Menhirs! Ils sont fous ces gaulois!
    c.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and I'm the last to disagree with that one ;-)

      Delete