Wednesday 12 June 2013

Frankfurt airport and Aer Lingus (or Eire, here I come)

One thing sticks out in my mind about Hong Kong airport:  One always knows where one is in the vast building and consequently one always knows which way to go to get to where one has to.  Not so in Frankfurt airport; it almost seems like the designers wanted the traveler to be utterly dependent on the posted signage.  Another sign of treating the populace like cattle?



There is always something that blocks the view of the layout


Of course, even their wonderful eating area
with a view of the run-ways and plane parking areas can easily be missed because they place some kind of wall around it shielding it from view!


After having my tooth paste carefully inspected (it passed muster!), it was time to board the Aer Lingus plane. By Bus!

However, as complicated as this is, it really gives one an opportunity to get a better look at the plane one is traveling on ;-)







The flight was uneventful since I slept most of the time ;-) Memorable: They had olives for sale as a snack. Wow! Healthy airplane food.

After peering out the window of the plane circling over the Irish Sea, I finally got my first glimpse of Ireland:  A friggin' golf course ;-)



One thing I must never forget because it was so horrible:  The constant and vocal whining and complaining of the silver-haired German Tourist Brigade.  "That is not a window seat!" "What kind of seats are these anyway?" "This is impossible".  It was so bad it moved me to utter in German "It is a two hour flight! Just sit down finally, so the other people can get to their seats."  The silence and contempt-full looks I was treated with afterwards could not have been worse if I had worn a pink triangle or even a yellow star on my tunic.

No comments:

Post a Comment