Friday 28 June 2013

Exploring the foggy coast at Plouescat while waiting for my hotel room to be pret

My cheap hotel last night claimed it was 2 kms from the beach, and they are probably right about the distance, but I didn't get the feeling of being close to the coast (good thing  I have a bike to get there quickly). So for tonight I booked a room in a place that is right at the road bordering Baie du Kernic.  Naturally I booked a room with bay view ;-)  The drawback: The place is a bit busier and their rooms are almost all occupied, so they have to clean the room instead of having it available immediately.  I dropped by at 11 am and the room will be ready at 3 pm.  It is now 1 pm, and I am having lunch in the hotel where I stayed last night (Last night I had dinner in the hotel in which I will be staying tonight; confusing it is!) and in the last 2 hours I've seen and walked through amazing scenery.

I'm still a bit speechless, (the ever-present Rose wine doesn't help), so try to pull yourselves through the pix:

Stop thinking about it; start flying!

Mon ceur!  Is this where they come from?  

friendly ;-)

The most ingenious scare-crow I've ever seen!

Wonder what I'll find ;-)

You gotta be kidding!  I wouldn't, would I?
You betcha! ;-)



NOOOOOO! Tell me that path doesn't go UNDER the MENHIR!

' course it does ;-)

Not at all like the friendly warm ocean in Hong Kong!

Why is it so angry?
good water ! stay calm!


I did not walk under there!  I did? This is the only way? OH F**K!
 The whole time I'm kind'a kept sane by the thought that the concrete under my feet is reinforced by iron rods. Then I have a look at the iron ladder:


Fun though ;-)

There were way more menhirs and white-capped waves in the next hour, but happy about my survival of my harbour tour I got myself another bottle of Rose and am no concentrating on working, so the other pics will have to wait ;-)







3 comments:

  1. A menhir tour of France. Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that.
    c.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... and leave Canada, your home and native land, unprotected? Ts Ts Ts

      Delete
  2. Oh my god, did you go see the menhir de Kerloas in Plouarzel? It is the menhir to see. The menhir of all menhir.
    c.

    ReplyDelete