Tuesday 18 June 2013

Dinner (The French kind), another sunset, and a breakfast view

Evening approaches and this town gets even prettier!

The lunch that I had in Cherbourg is forgotten and I'm hungry again.  Now where to eat?







I decide on the semi-posh Restaurant de 7 mers, where  I order "Back of Jack Dory with blabla".  And disappointed I am certainly not.  The pre-dinner piece-of-lobster soup definitely has Foie Gras in it, which tastes decadently good, but I'd rather do without.  I don't think much of sticking plungers into geese's gullets!
The subsequent fish is amazing and even though I'm not a big pea fan, the plate at the end of the meal is almost as clean as if a certain dog had licked it clean ;-)  The absolutely fabulous Rose wine or the view from my table don't hurt either!
Bon degustation












Actual view from my table ;-)






























Then it's time to walk back to my hotel.



And as a proper conclusion to the day: A sunset with wet sand reflecting the sun ;-)



And how does the next morning start?  Naturally with eating. The baguette!  The cheese!   The view!
YES. Actual view from my breakfast table ;-)

















h

2 comments:

  1. This definitely makes me want to visit my ancestral land! But is there any people around? It looks like a ghost town.
    c.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. most of the pictures are taken at 6:00 am or at 9:00. The French are sleeping at 6 and eating at 9. The first people to show up in the morning are French pensioners/tourists.
      The streets in the 'real' city, a few blocks from the beach, are similarly affected, but like the beach, they are populated during the day. I almost wish it was a ghost town; house prices would be cheaper then. But house prices are still only a fraction of those in Wacky Vancouver!

      Delete