Saturday 15 June 2013

Bray Head (or A Mini Grouse Grind with better Scenery)

It is 7:15 am.  I just got back from my trip up Bray Head.  It's not quite the Grouse Grind, but it comes close. However, the views are WAY more spectacular! The strange thing: Admittedly I went early, but given the stunning scenery and comparably easy hike,  I would have expected way more people, even at this hour. But I did not see a single person on the way or on the way down. Seamus as well is still fast asleep. You snooze, you loose!

It's early when I set out:

Bray Head on the right beckons
The ENTIRE beach consists of perfect skipping stones


It seems to grow as I get closer !
Departure from Sealevel



Teaser

On top of the world ;-)

And again, because it was so nice!






coming back down

Yes, of course I stuck a foot in there. It is freezing!

The post will be posted at 7:45 am and it is time for a shower and breakfast. Not bad for b4 8 am ;-)

A note about hotel breakfasts in Ireland:  If you order a 'Full Irish Breakfast', you'll end up with 2 giant slices of Great bacon, 2 sausages of great taste and size, mushrooms, 1 egg, 1/2 grilled tomato, 2 slices of toast, as well as a dark and a light edition of blood pudding.   This is neither for the vegetarian minded nor for those trying to loose weight!  But given I already climbed a mountain, I don't feel so bad about it ;-)

It must have to do with the famine, but I have never seen potatoes for breakfast anywhere!




No comments:

Post a Comment