Thursday 27 June 2013

Beam me up Scotty ! (Baie du Kernic en Plouescat)

My friend Seamus, for as long as I have known him, pronounced my last name like Kernic (pronounced in English).  So after arriving in the village of Asterix & Obelix, imagine my surprise to see signs pointing out Baie du Kernic.  After checking into the hotel and binging on food for a bit, I hopped back on the bike to check out my bay.  It was dry (don't worry, just low tide ;-).  I saw some people ride their bicycles far from the shore, so I thought I'd give it a try too.


The scary thing is, it is pretty much as barren and sandy behind me as it is in front of me. Don't believe me?
Here is the 180 Panorama:
 Still don't believe me?  Fine. Here is the 360 Panorama. Be prepared to scroll ;-)

All this was so unreal, I actually was afraid of uttering anything like "Beam me up Scotty" because I was not 100% certain that it wouldn't happen.  But at tomorrow's low tide I'll give it another try ;-)

After dinner at 9 pm (hey, this is France!), I stand at the shore of this sand desert again. But it looks completely different now. But it is the same spot (compare little hills to first shot).

Does this mean I almost walked on water ?  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment