Sunday 30 June 2013

A wee bike ride III (St-Pol-de-Leon to Tregastel [70/79 km])


Ouch. Quite a few of my body parts are refusing to talk to me.
79.41 km.
3 hours and 55 minutes saddle time, elapsed real time 7 hours.
Average speed 20.3 km/hour

Maximum speed 55.3 km/hour (I had to stop to let opposing traffic through; bloody French road rules; I could have hit 60 ! ;-)





Constant head wind (that's why all the geezers on their fancy racers were going the other way ;-); Hills like you wouldn't believe!





Add to that that I had to carry my bike in Morlaix up and down lots of stairs ( An e-bike weighs enough already; add to that an extra battery and luggage and you're sweating)



And all without EPO, an assist car, or spectators (all of that was in Corsica today ;-)

Pictures:
Bike route


Prop it up or loose it

so many nice houses without roofs


Morlaix

Google says this is a bike route

Through there


I wish the Google idiots would know what a fully packed e-bike weighs!
Well, actually, now they know.  You can report issues with the BETA bicycle directions.  Maybe I'll be one of the last ones to actually have taken this route?  ;-)  Or maybe all the young Google Operatives have no pity with smokers approaching 50.
Lunch & battery charging

sea welks

heluuuu?
come on, little welk!

Gotcha !  (yes, you're supposed to eat that)


Did I mention that the bike's name is Rocinante?





Lannion: The road I almost did 60 on. See the bloody sign?

Lannion

He spotted me ;-)

almost at my hotel !!!!

2 comments:

  1. The bike route through the tunnel is awesome. You should thank the google idiots.
    c.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing one of these a day is actually fun. But only once you've completed it. So I actually am quite happy about the wicked ways of the GIs ;-) However, doing more than one a day is rough if you still have xx kms to bike. And if you happen to be 60 or 70 and just bought yourself an e-bike for a leisurely ride because you're not that strong anymore: You get the idea ...

      Delete