Thursday 13 June 2013

A Rant: Life a bit fuzzy? Not in top mental form? Listen to some Neil Young!

The last few weeks were a time of constant minor anxiety.  I wasn't sure I was doing the right thing going on my trip; I wasn't sure I wasn't missing out on something else; I just wasn't sure about anything really.
This morning I wore up at 2am in Sligo.  I puttered around again until 5 am, including writing e-mails; writing letters (Hello Mika!), and listening to music. I went back to sleep for an hour and woke up at 6 am again.  And I have not a single doubt in my head right now that I couldn't have made better choices about where I am right now and what I am doing here.
How the heck did that happen?  I am finally out of the grind again, far away from anyone that could place tethers on my time or freedom, and thinking patterns return to issues that actually matter and issues that bug me consciously or subconsciously.

Found a nice T-shirt about that in Sligo town today ;-)



I'm not sure about others, but for me being in Vancouver or even in Frankfurt drags me into the petty fights and unjustified fears and worries of people around me. As soon as I'm on the road, all this melts away like fog, revealing the true Gestalt below.

So instead of listening to Grandma or whining consumer-product addicts, all together freaks who mutilate and sabotage their own lives without any need to do so whatsoever, I am listening to Neil Young again, singing about things that actually matter:

You might see me down in Alabama
Or Baton Rouge down in Louisiana
I might make it up to Detroit City
Where people work hard and life is gritty
It don't really matter where I am
It's what I do, it's what I can
This old world has been good to me
So I try to give back and I want to be free


or


I used to walk like a Giant on the land; Now I feel like a leaf floating in a stream!
I want to walk like a giant again; I want to walk like a giant again!
Like a giant on the land!


Keep on rocking in the free world!


No comments:

Post a Comment