Tuesday 7 May 2013

Why missing your ferry isn't necessarily a bad thing

When I passed the BC Ferries toll booth at Horseshoe Bay at 2:54 pm and was told that I'd be on the 3:10 pm sailing, I wondered what fancy deed I had done to be rewarded such by Karma!  At about 3:10 when I watched the ferry undock from the dock (NO, I also saw it from the dock!) I became aware of 2 things:  1) I guess I hadn't done enough good things to be rewarded such, and 2)  BC FERRIES staff should really whip the sheep they call passengers to park their bloody cars closer together.  There were definitely not enough cars there to properly fill the Queen of Surrey!

But always remember:  Life is what you make of it :I am typing this sitting on the upstairs deck of Bayside
Moorings Restaurant in Horseshoe Bay. A large patio umbrella keeps me in the shade while I work on a glass of Boutari and a plate of mussels. But I could also be sitting down by the dock, eating take-out fish&chips or a Mars bar. There are quite a few people still in their car now at 3:46 pm, waiting for the 5:30 sailing!












And here, A SENSATION, are the FIRST EVER pictures taken in Horseshoe Bay by yours truly. ONLY ON THIS BLOG!

It would be hard to not notice this 'fountain':  All very nice even if of questionable taste.












BUT HEY!, you really can't do better than to use the cheapest RONA hose-connectors as fountain jets?



















There were some nice picturesque spots, but nothing really new that could get me excited, since I must have completed MANY of precisely these vistas as 500pcs, 750pcs, and 1000pcs puzzles as a kid.











During the ferry ride I enjoyed the wind and the sun instead of taking more pictures. And then I was 'home'.
Always nice to come home! ;-)














No comments:

Post a Comment