Thursday 23 May 2013

Salmonberries and Fault Lines (or the local 'neck of the woods' )

Having to choose between finishing my taxes and accompanying Denise and Robin on a walk Denise calls 'our Christmas walk', my procrastination processor does not have to choose hard!











Take time to smell the blackberry blossoms!

















The 'Christmas walk' leads uphill to the beach. Yes, confused I was too. At particularly steep uphill sections, I could never refuse the urge to utter my pseudo Magritte comment "This is not uphill". And Yes, I know, it doesn't really work, since it was not a picture of 'uphill' I was describing in this manner.






The uphill sections lead through forest. I can't imagine how many bridges and bridgelets the locals have built over the myriad of creeks in the local woods!



















Spirits of the Forest? 


When I could smell the beach already (there were some downhill sections ;-),  I ran into these:
At first I thought they were wild raspberries and I excitedly inquired with Denise whether they would be edible. I was informed that they actually were Thimble Berries and that they would be edible.  I just Googled images of Thimbleberries now and realized that the pictured berries that I ate are actually: Salmonberries!  Anyway: I like them better than Raspberries, which have to be completely ripe before they loose their sourness, whereas Salmonberries are already yummy when they are only yellow or orange!

Oh, you imagined a white sandy beach?
Then it's beach time!
















How long would this survive un-stolen on a Vancouver beach?

You'll need a tiny  bit of imagination for the following two  ;-)
Frog trapped in log?

If I had a hammer .....


Did they choose the colours of the Kayaks to match the broom plant?












Low tide!
And in the final 4 pics: Beach meets Art!

Nice beach stairs!


















shifty business!

reminds me of Zuni inlay work ;-)

The beauty of fault lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment