Monday 13 May 2013

A Space Oddity (or Another Great Canadian)

OK, so maybe this is OLD news. Not watching television or reading newspapers I might just have found out something that is widely known in kindergartens and retirement homes.  People that know me also know that I probably would be the first person to grab my temples and to distort my face in pain upon hearing the words "A Great Canadian", but one's gotta start somewhen ;-)
There is a Canadian by the name of Chris Hadfield and he is the commander of the International Space Station (ISS).  Apparently he is quite a pop star, with 800,000 Twitter followers.
Now the space agency (don't ask me which one) released a video of him performing David Bowie's 'Space Oddity' in the ISS. This is the Major Tom floating in a Tin Can song! While I prefer Bowie's voice, Hadfield's is not bad. But the real reason why you should WATCH this (click on the capitals of the word WATCH to WATCH it) is the footage shot in the ISS.
Another reason to watch it is of course that mustache. Only Canadians or German mathematicians could get away with something like that ;-)
Image stolen from Der Spiegel/YouTube/Hadfield

No comments:

Post a Comment