Thursday 4 April 2013

Where to go?; What to do?; Who to be? (Aufbruchsstimmung)

Tainted Love
April 4th, 2013. The day I did not renew my tenancy at the Grouse Inn in North Vancouver. I have lived here since October 15, 2012. ,Of course the day of my move-out, Martinez and Jason, the maintenance caretakers drove up in a pickup truck and started unloading Gym equipment. Tomorrow they'll probably initiate an evening entertainment program with an exotic dance troupe and live music. I am sad to leave a place that has become home, but the fact that since last December (Hawaii 5 months ago) i have not been to a previously unseen part of the world, confirms that this comfy type of home feeling has its drawbacks. Far from the trend set last year where a trip to an exotic or beautiful new location was in the cards every two months.


I am effectively homeless again (with sincere apologies to all those for whom this state exists not as a choice), with barely an idea where in the world I will be one week from today. Pictures are hard to come by again, since I discovered that the lens of my cell phone camera (hopefully a glass disc covering said lens) has two severe scratches, which rendered a last attempt to capture the beauty of cherry trees in a rather foggy mood.

Some things that might affect where I will be in two weeks: The name Haida Gwaii spotted on a BC Ferries route map.  My friend Yiman's presence in Hong Kong. The moistening eyes of a waitress at Pho Japolo when I mentioned Halong Bay and she revealed that Halong was her home town. The discovery that Malaysia is actually just a Southern Appendix of Thailand.


No comments:

Post a Comment