Friday 19 April 2013

When you least expect it! (I am pink)

After a whirl-wind morning program of taking the Star Ferry to Tsim Tsa Shui (oh oh, going native: Kowloon side Star Ferry Terminal), then taking the Ferry back to Central, taking the Peak Tram to The Peak, taking the Peak Tram to Central again, walking through the Landmark Mandarin Oriental Hotel ($700 / night and I don't mean HK$), meeting a watch aficionado in a post-card shop, taking the Junk again on which I met an interesting guy who was leaving HK in 5 hours (Since he claimed he had time left, I sent him to The Peak), taking the Star Ferry for the third time today and then double-decker-traming it to the hotel, where at 1pm (good schedule for before 1pm, eh? Pictures of all that will follow after my afternoon trip to Peng Chau) my feet refused to talk to me and so I hopped under my adjustable waterfall shower, which usually gives the tired bones a second wind.

When I emerged from the shower there was another person in the bathroom. His skin was glowing brightly pink on this facial cheeks and where the forearms meet the upper arms (opposite from the elbow). His neck didn't look a natural colour either!

Last May I was sweating in 29 degree weather under sunny skies every day and was not using sun screen, but my skin never changed colour in the slightest (ok, a very gentle milk coffee tan was developing).  Today I got myself a mild sunburn (It'll be a tan before nightfall ;-)  Maybe the fact that I was lounging on a boat deck between 11:15 and 12:15 today whereas I was trying to hide from the evil hot fireball in the sky last year could explain my pinkness ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment