Monday 15 April 2013

Tuesday early morning (Waterfront: 5:30 am to 8:00 am)

I can't believe I slept more, but I added another 5 hours to my sleep account. Getting up at 4am was not bad either, since it is 1pm in Vancouver, the customary hour to call Grandma.

The hotel breakfast restaurant does not open until 6:45 am, so another Curry-Seafood noodle bowl will do for now.  The showers in this hotel are amazing:  Imagine standing under a waterfall with selectable temperature and pulse settings.

Going outside at 5:45 for a cigarette in the 'real' Hong Kong air instead of smoking in my room reveals a
weather that is just right for my chosen attire of Hawaii shirt, shorts, and sandals (sans socks): it is misty (foggy?) and about 20 degrees.  I manage to handhold a camera shot of the front of the hotel (up there on the 23rd floor is my room) and head back to my room to write this.






Still foggy outside:



Waiting for the breakfast to open also gives me time to do laundry.  Since my entire packed wardrobe consists of  3 shorts, 1 Hawaiian shirt, 1 T-shirt and 2 pairs of undies (Hey, why pack more?; Macau is an hour away!) I washed things in the sink and am using this amazing contraption to dry things.  Please note the Indochina Tropic Haircut (TM) by Fiona ;-)






Breakfast in the IP Cafe in the hotel costs ~183 HK$, with a 10% service charge (tip) already included). Not cheap for Hong Kong or anywhere else, the view of the harbour is limited since the restaurant is on the 1st floor (PLEASE move it to the 30th ;-), but the breakfast is exactly to my taste. A buffet with brew-it-yourself Americano from the Espresso machine, many types of bread including olive bread, a variety of Dim-sum and Japanese breakfast items, lots of fruit and juices, and the usual western egg/pig varieties.  Add to that a large number of strange things, that I did not further investigate yet, but capers with egg do work very well for me ;-)

All of the following happened before 8am, so I'm keeping the comments to a minimum:


Hotel (with writing on the wall) and Connaught Road with Sun Yat Sen park to the immediate right

Sun Yat Sen presiding over Tai Chi and Kowloon Skyline

Perfect before 8am. Note Tai Chi (after 5 minutes walking I started flapping my arms ;-)

Macau ferry almost home and Tai Chi and lunch preparations (all before 8am)

One of the Macau cats didn't make it

The Macau Ferry Terminal towers (From here you can NOT hear car noises from Connaught Road)

Do NOT belief EXIT signs (this one served as smoking area with the bottom door alarmed)

And this is where my lunch will come from.














































No comments:

Post a Comment