Thursday 18 April 2013

Time to leave (or The spoiled Traveller)

Today at 17:50 I will get on plane to Hanoi.
The ONE backpack that I arrived with has doubled this morning, when I bought a fabulous handle-wheel travel case that doubles as a backpack (It has straps ;-) 26 meters from my hotel entrance for < 30 $CAN, to accommodate all my new clothes.
Check-out is at noon and I was dreading the idea of having to lug around 2 items until the airport check-in time at around 15:30.
But again Hong Kong comes to the rescue!  All major and some minor airlines offer check-in in downtown Hong Kong, 10-20 minutes away from my hotel. So in an hour, I will check in at the HongKong MTR station, where I will also leave the stuffed new travel case. Then I have 3 hours to kill in Hong Kong (Oh my, what to do? :-), before boarding the airport express to the airport and looking for security at the airport.
The second backpack will miraculously be transported to the airport, loaded on the plane to Hanoi, where I will see it again at the luggage carrousel.  And this actually works! My Macau clothes of last May were safely and reliably transported to the airport, then to Narita in Japan, where they were transferred to the Vancouver flight, which yours truly almost missed because I took liberal time for a cigarette break ;-)

Sayonara

No comments:

Post a Comment