Saturday 27 April 2013

The Rooftop and the Window Sill (or Why not to stay in bed on a Sunday morning)

Since the entire building is smoke-free, I have a good reason to visit the rooftop on the 34th floor, which I might have missed otherwise.
This picture should indicate how overwhelmed I was by the view for quite a while (maybe nicotine withdrawal also had a role in the theatrics;-)










The vertical view down takes some getting used to and reminds me of a Carrera-car-racing-toy track, which I always wanted as a kid, but never was (un)lucky enough to get.




















During my first smoke-break after nightfall I am greeted by this view: my hotel of the last 2 weeks just half a block away.
:












There are a few more great night shots, but I lost a lot of time (see picture below), check-out is in one hour, my plane takes off in 5 hours, and I haven't even started packing yet. So the other pictures will have wait. Time to go back (the word 'home' comes out of my fingertips with only a tad of hesitation). And after 2 weeks Hong Kong it is somehow time for a change ;-)  Otherwise I might get too used to this:



Who would wanna stay in BED on a Sunday morning (even if the bed has ocean view) if there is a WINDOW SILL like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment