Friday 19 April 2013

The Landmark Mandarin Oriental Hotel

If one refuses to take the bus (or refuses to find out which bus to take ;-) between The Peak Tram Valley Station and Central, one can take a variety of short walks down the hill.

One of the Grandest hotels in Hong Kong, if not the world, is supposed to be the Landmark Mandarin Oriental Hotel. Rooms start at $700 per night (and I don't mean HK$s!).  Since one of the possible walks to Central passes really close to the Mandarin, I decided to check it out in a little bit more detail, while I'm here.














 Coming in from the back (The main entrance is on Connaught Road), I find myself walking through a black marble passage with very expensive shops.  And one of the prettiest watch ads I've ever seen ;-)
Congratulations Piaget!  Not relying on some dumb celebrity for your ads but on art/tech of you product appeals to me.






Black marble sets the tone:

Not quite my cup'o tea, but the main reason that I'm not staying here is not their interior decor ;-)


It's not even the price, although that is some huge hurdle. 


It is the people that most likely hang out in these chairs.  Outside I will see Gorgeous, perfectly made up and VERY expensively dressed Asian young woman at the wheel of a very new, very red, and very expensive European sports car. And they're not even filming the new James Bond here, even though the above combo would have fit right in ;-)





Where the black marble comes in handy is right next to the main entrance, where it allows me to picture myself as an Inca Sun God ;-)
That marble must be warped: My hips are NOT that wide!




No comments:

Post a Comment