Friday 19 April 2013

Peakabo (again, but better weather)

After returning from the Kowloon side Star Ferry Pier, where I presented my passport and 100 HK$ to acquire another ticket for the Duk Ling junk (hey, I might not have to get soaked today ;-) I find myself with 2 hours to kill. Not wanting to go back to the hotel already, I decide to take the Peak Tram again.

On the way there I realize how side walks are such a thing of the past.  Walking on these elevated walk ways is safer, more scenic, and so much more fun!















No you don't see them













The trick is to go early and leave early. Line-ups seem to manifest around 10:30 am for the up-hill journey: These pictures show the Tram on the way down and the line-up to go up  that was present at the bottom.











Now you do

















Have I mentioned steep before?
















Once on top, the best way to get the scenery is to exit the arrival building and take an immediate left. Find this gate












and pass through it to get this view:
Hong Kong side

Then cross the plaza, pass on the right of Starbucks go up a couple of steps on the stairs, and then when you see semi-hidden stairwells on your left, go up 2(!) levels to enjoy these vistas:




Naturally, you can also stay within the arrivals building, keep going up elevators, pay some extra amount to be let on the roof to get probably a nice view but look like this orange-clad man from Costa Rica who offers to 'give you a helping hand' if you visit him down there:

No comments:

Post a Comment