Sunday 7 April 2013

EAT HERE in Gibsons & Ja wo laufen sie denn? (BMO half M)

Hans & Denise took me here last summer and now I come here every chance I get. In one of my previous posts I talked about places where you pay for the food and get the view for free, while other places think they can charge a view.

We'll start with the view, which is the view in two directions from the inside of the restaurant. Even better when sitting outside!





And in the food category: They have a Mongolian Chicken dish on their regular menu and they offered to make it for me in the Lunch Special size. As if that was not good enough, they also incorporated the spiciness of the regular menu into the lunch special (I'm guessing there are many seniors present for lunch special?).  The special comes with steamed rice, a won-ton soup, and a fortune cookie. I had a glass of good white wine with that and the total including taxes came to $11.75! 'nough said?

Oh, one more thing (I miss Inspector Columbo ;-):  Be careful reading their
place mats.  After reading this one, my shoulders tensed up and I carefully scanned the restaurant for people who know me.












Earlier this morning (7:30 am) Hans & Denise left the house and Max is still looking for them. He can't seem to pick up a scent in one of Denise's gardens.









.





Not a trace in the
Pirate Ship either!










Behind one of the neighbours' pretty blue gate?  Nope!






























Hey!  That looks like them!  But why are they running again?  Oh right!

Someone said they'll have the T-shirts up there!


Could I at least have a beer for my $40 registration fee?

BMO organized the Vancouver Marathon or something similar.  Apparently, in the good old days, when you registered for one of these events, you'd get a T-shirt commemorating the event.  Seems only fair: Registration for the walk along the Sunshine Coast was $40.  But somehow the organizers (BMO ? Or are we only the sponsor?) felt much cheaper this year, and instead of a T-shirt saying '2013 Sunshine Coast Something or Other' every contestant went home with a pair of blue gardening gloves (one size is supposed to fit all) with a glaring BMO logo, but no mention of '2013' at all.  While the term 'cheap skate' for me actually has a positive connotation because of a mini-chain of used-sporting-goods stores in Kitsilano, the feeling evoked by this BMO story is anything but positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment