Monday 8 April 2013

EAT HERE AGAIN in Gibsons

Nope: I could not help going back to my favourite restaurant for a hot & sour soup, a glass of wine, and a chicken curry on rice (with almost every imaginable vegetable, not just onions & green peppers).

Again the price tag was $11.75. But today it was sunny, so I decided to get a couple of pictures of the scenery, this time with an approaching Langdale-bound ferry from Horseshoe Bay.





Oh, almost forgot:  While chopping away at my curry, a message from my ears briefly outranked news from my taste buds in my brain's prioritization scheme:  the restaurant's sound system was emitting Beethoven's Ode to Joy ;-)

O Freunde, nicht diese Töne!
Sondern laßt uns angenehmere
anstimmen und freudenvollere.
Freude! Freude!

And the fortune cookie dotted all the Is and crossed all the Ts:
Your personality is fueled by the fascination you feel for life

Seid umschlungen Millionen! (This one brought tears to my eyes and makes me want to move to Sabadell!)






Yesterday afternoon I tried to use the effect by my severely scratched cell camera lens for some Holgaesque pictures, but I'm not sure whether it might not be scratched the wrong way ;-(
Judge for yourself  (The model was a magnolia blossom on the GIANT magnolia tree in Denise's garden):


No comments:

Post a Comment