Friday 19 April 2013

Among Tourists ( Bronze Lee and the Walk of Stars)

Since airline travel didn't work too well today, I decided to go for a long stroll and take the Star Ferry again, and so the Star-Ferry-taking streak remains uninterrupted since first waking up in Hong Kong last Tuesday.  Unless you are in the market for a tailor-made suit or have LOTS of strength left in your feet, I know of not much to do close to the Kowloon Star Ferry Pier.  But during the Duk-Ling cruise I saw the statue of Bruce Lee and it wasn't too far according to memory, so off I went to see a long-deceased half-naked bronze Karate god.

After 5 minutes I realized that all week I hadn't seen any REAL tourists. Posing in director's chairs, trying to be a star themselves; I am missing a certain je ne sais quoi that makes this tourist action fun.  So I'll leave you with the pictures with two nice panoramas mixed in for good measure.

Everyone can be a star
















An anti-humping fence?




Even chubby women in Mickey Mouse T-shirts become stars here

I prefer

They're missing the boat!








No comments:

Post a Comment