Sunday 24 March 2013

Take a hike! (Cliff Park in Roberts Creek)



Having breakfast at 9am and wanting to have lunch before a ferry to Vancouver at 12:20 left us about one hour to go walking through Cliff Park. I had never been there and it was a pleasant surprise! A selection (not sure whether I was not awake, the camera was not awake, or if it was simply too dark to take sharp pictures):




















The ferry back to Vancouver was uneventful. However, I was surprised at the number of walk-on passengers. And no, I could not resist the offer of the fabulous BC Ferries cake with Strawberry Sauce. It is the Strawberry sauce that always gets me ;-)  The previously ignored intercom message about Malaspina Coach bus tickets for sale for 10 minutes moved me to the counter, where the fact that they were $10 compared to the $2.75 from BC
Transit at first made me decline. When I had my cake and strawberries in hand in the cafeteria, I realized that I did not ask about their schedule and neither did I know the schedule of the BC Transit Express bus to Park Royal.  The information provided when I returned to the counter, namely that the bus was taking the same ferry that I was taking, i.e. the bus was 2 floors below me, made me happily pay the extra $7.25, since there would be no wait at all!  From Park Royal it was a 14 minute walk back to my motel.



No comments:

Post a Comment