Tuesday 19 March 2013

Morning exercise (or Fernweh or die Bruecke ruft)

There really is no excuse not to do this every morning on non-torrential days:  Lions-Gate Bridge is right at my door step, and judging by the huffing and puffing displayed on my way up the span, I can use the exercise.  It also is a very scenic spot (visually that is, I could live without the bridge shake and noise caused by private transport automobiles.


This way to Hiroshima

But another reason that keeps driving me up the bridge is Fernweh, or the yearning for far-away places (There are some feelings that the German language is perfect for). Horizons and ships passing under the bridge heading to unknown destinations usually re-awaken that feeling.  A snap-decision airline-ticket purchase can't be far away ;-)

Catch a ride to China?


No comments:

Post a Comment